- Attend Sunday service every week. – Sunday service for New Hope Waikoloa is held at Pu’uNui Park, 68-1845 Pu’u Nui Street in Waikoloa, at 9:30 a.m. Please join us for a time of Worship and the Word with food and fellowship to follow. Singing songs of praise and worship to our God sets our hearts and minds on things above and prepares us to hear His Word through our Pastor, Associate Pastors, or invited speakers.
And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. – Hebrews 10:25
- Use your “New Believer’s Packet”.At New Hope Waikoloa, Pastor Rick has chosen 4 important items to begin your journey:
-A Bible, which is the most important of all, for this is God’s love letter to us. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says:
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
-A Jesus Calling Devotional, to help jump-start your devotional life.
-A Pen, for note-taking and journaling.
-A Bookmark, which serves a dual purpose: Keeps NHWaikoloa’s info at hand and also helps to mark off pages within your Bible you’d like to refer back to.
If you use these to your fullest advantage, you will surely reap the rewards of your diligence!
- Get water baptized. Water baptism is an outward declaration of an internal decision to declare Jesus Christ Lord and Savior of your life. Jesus was water baptized so we are using Jesus as a model of how we should live our life.
“And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.” — Acts 10:48
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to one of our Pastors if you are interested in being water baptized.
- Join A Bible Study Group. This step is one of the ways in which to get to know others on an intimate basis and, also, to study the Word of God. We are planning on adding additional Bible studies but currently at New Hope Waikoloa, the following groups are in place:
-Men’s Fellowship: Meets the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month at the Waikoloa Village Shopping Center from 6-7pm.
-Moms In Prayer
-First Place 4 Health
-Young Adults Group – Meets 1st Tuesday of each month
Please see “Resources” for more info on these various studies.Although there currently no Women’s Bible Studies, discipleship is always another option for women, as well as men. There are many in our congregation who is capable of discipling others and we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com if you would like to set up a meeting.
- Daily Bible Reading and S.O.A.P. Devotional. (For more info, click on “S.O.A.P. Devotional under the menu item “Devotions”.)
- Serve in a ministry. In John 13:14-15, Jesus gives these instructions to His disciples after washing their feet:And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you. There is no greater satisfaction than to serve Jesus by serving His people! We have been fearfully and wonderfully created by God with gifts and talents to be used for ministry work. To find a ministry which aligns with your gifts and talents, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to lead and guide you into a ministry that will benefit from what you have to offer.
This journey is so much better with brothers and sisters in Christ so please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you’d like to meet with one of our Pastors regarding any of these steps.
“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18